I WAS AWARDED ANOTHER AWARD!!! THE LIEBSTER AWARD! (Note: This was previously posted, but somehow I neglected to comply with one of the rules ( Random Facts ), thus I am republishing and including that portion. Sorry Arran! )
I was nominated by Arran Bhansal of Confessions of a published author. He’s one of the many that I’ve followed for awhile now. Thank you so much Arran!
The rules are …
1. Write 11 Random facts about myself.
2. Answer 11 questions the awarding Blogger posted for me.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers for the award, linking them to this post letting them know.
4. Forward 11 questions for my nominated bloggers to answer!
So it here goes!
11 Random facts about me.
1. I love the beach.
2. I had horses growing up… along with at one point, 2 dogs, 8 cats, and a whole bunch of birds.
3. When I was a kid I swung back off the pipe fencing for the horses and split the back of my head open in the middle. The spot is still sore.
4. I used to roller skate competitively.
5. Believe it or not, I wasn’t the most studious person growing up. I really struggled in school.
6. I have a math deficiency as part of my ADD. I do not comprehend numbers the way others can. Thus making math through out school almost impossible.
7. My baby toenail was actually in two pieces (because of skating) until I was pregnant, where somehow the changes in my body fixed it.
8. In high school, I had more guy friends then girl friends.
9. During my skating career, I fell, well ok so I fell lots, but once I locked my wheels together flew in the air, ( by this time my Mom was already over the wall because she knew I wouldn’t get up. She wasn’t one to come to the floor when I fell. Falling was something that ALWAYS happened ) and I landed straight flat on my knee cap. I cracked it in half except for 1/2 of a millimeter. The doctor was shocked that I hadn’t shattered it, and said because it was still together and not in two pieces, I didn’t need surgery for it.
10. I never lived outside of Monterey County, California ( USA ) until last June when we moved to Santa Cruz County. I moved 4 times and into 3 different cities.
11. Until the age of about 13 or 14, I went to Disneyland every year with my Grammy and Pa. I treasure those memories.
Answer the 11 questions the awarding Blogger posted for me.
1. Who has been the greatest inspiration for your writing?
That sir, is a great question. I’m not really sure. Maybe every author out there just for the simple fact they have stuck their neck out there and said, HEY! I’m good! READ ME!
2. Do you have a specific writing routine?
I don’t. I’m very busy even outside of work ( now more than ever ), so when I have the time to write, I get my water, load up the current WIP, and start putting one word after another. Hopefully, by the time it’s done, I’ll have something coherent and entertaining.
3. How do you unwind when not writing?
MMO Gaming ( currently obsessed with EQLandmark Beta ), Sewing, Scrapbooking, or becoming a vegetable in front of the television (which could be anything from Through the Wormhole (with Morgan Freeman), to Big Bang Theory, or The Harry Potter movies to Twister). Reading is something always done before bed or at the beach.
4. How much of you is in your main characters?
I think every character so far has a little bit of me in them. The MC in The Five Angels, has a LOT of me in her, but the MC in the Novella I’m working on doesn’t so much. I think it would difficult to write any character without some of yourself showing up somehow.
5. What are your views on the traditional versus self-publishing debate?
Whatever works for you and makes you the most comfortable. The line is being blurred a lot right now, and there are some self-published authors who are doing just fine without the “red tape” of the traditional industry. The self-published route scares me to death, and I need someone to guide me through the process, so am personally going the traditional way for now. We will see what I say about that in a year or so.
6. What are you currently working on?
I actually have two works in progress. I have the Novella that is at the front runner, but I am also working on the 3rd book of The Five Angels trilogy.
7. Is there anyone you can talk to about your work, or do you find that you can’t relate to others?
MY MOMMY! I know how childish that sounds, but whenever I’m stuck on anything, need ideas thrown at me to get me out of a block. I can also throw ideas at her to get an initial opinion. She is my greatest resource.
8. What was the last book that truly moved you?
I have to say one that profoundly changed me is Mockingbird by Kathryn Erskine. It’s written from the point of view of a young girl who has Asperger’s and that book is absolute BRILLIANCE!
9. Do you listen to music when you write?
Yes and No. It really depends on how much time I have to write. If I’m in for a nice long writing session I usually have a movie score (Most recently Harry Potter or The Hobbit) or instrumental music ( Lindsey Sterling anyone?) If I have anything with words, I end up typing the words to the song instead of the words that I intend to write on the page.
10. If you could describe yourself in three words, what would they be?
Klutz. Blonde. Determined.
11. Finally, very random. If you could be a farmyard animal, what would you be, and why?
A Horse. Does that count? I had a couple horses when I was growing up, and they are such majestic wonderful animals. I usually find someway to incorporate them into my stories if at all possible.
Kimberly M. Ringer Awards the Liebster Blog Award to … (insert drum roll here please ):
- Ah Dad … – He’s cooky and overall just a Dad doing his thing for his kiddos. http://pieterk515.wordpress.com/
- The Incredible Shrinking Momma – Talk about an inspirational woman. She has so much on her plate, yet she still happens to kick arse and take names. http://hkcbear.wordpress.com/
- Charlie and the Ghost – Seriously, if the comics aren’t enough to get you reading this blog, well then… http://charlieandtheghost.com/
- A Writer’s Life For Me – Love following her progress. http://awriterslifeformeblog.wordpress.com/
- Nap a Day – Dogs. Ruff Said. http://napaday.wordpress.com/
- My Journey to Qualify for the Boston Marathon … and everything in between … – INSPIRATION! Talk about goals. They are stated right there for you folks. http://losjourneytoboston.com/
- Damn girl, that’s a lot of fattitude – MORE INSPIRATION! This girls got it!…. btw.. Pics or it didn’t happen! http://somuchfattitude.com/
- Bark Once, Wag it Twice! – Everything under the sun for your Dog! http://bark1wag2wice.wordpress.com/
- Annimation Floe – She’s a HOOT and a HALF! http://anniemationfloe.wordpress.com/
- Lysa Taylor – A Fresh Spark she is. http://bunehill.com/
- Lynette Noni – BTW Lynette … I’ll take the Beach Counselling. Thank you. I’ll be the 3rd umbrella to the right. J
11 questions for my nominated bloggers
My questions will be random, not streamlined and will make you question my sanity.
1. Your stuck on an island and help is coming, but they won’t be there for a month. What 4 things do you take with you that are not survival items?
2. For my Author people, What is the first book that threw you into your love of writing? For the non-authors, what is it that brought you to start your blog?
3. What is your favorite color? Do you know why it is? Explain.
4. What is your favorite thing to do? ( Authors, you can’t answer writing. )
5. If you were stuck on an island out in the middle of no where with one famous person, who would it be and why?
6. What is your favorite movie? and why?
7. You’ve been given 1 million dollars. Free and Clear. What is the first thing you buy?
8. If you were to get rid of one state in the US, which one would it be and why?
9. What is your dream job?
10. In detail, explain to me the best sandwich you have ever tasted.
11. Tell me you love me in the silliest way possible.
So are you questioning my sanity right now?
Congrats to the winners! Pick your badge and wear it with pride.