Yes… the Mutliverse!
Need a translation ?
Basically, I’m saying I have a lot on my mind right now, so you are going to get a little bit of everything! I was locked out of my blog for a whole week. /eyes Wall-E carefully as he looks at me with the cutest puppy look ever!
First Up: THE SUPER BOWL
Did you expect anything less from me? I have made it no secret I love football!
I was grossly disappointed during the game yesterday, the Seahawks shut down Peyton Manning and the Bronco’s in a way that would have made even Genghis Khan proud. I was rooting for you Denver. You had me the second that my precious 49ers lost to the Seahawks 2 weeks ago. Plus, one of my best friends is dedicated to you fiercely.
Plus, when Sherman went all high and mighty and showed he has no class at all, that pretty much sealed the deal for me. I should note that other than the fact that the Seahawks are the rivals of my precious 49ers, I otherwise hold no ill will toward them. I also don’t think the Seahawks as a group, have no class. Just Marcus Sherman. For instance, Marshall Lynch… Awesome player. The man is a beast. He and Gore (49ers) can break through a line like no one’s business. I respect that. Also, Russell Wilson, the Seahawks QB. Tons of class. He even had nice things to say about Denver in post-game interviews.
Back to the Super Bowl itself. The Seahawks were just able to shut the Bronco’s Offense down. They outplayed them. It is as simple as that.
Second in Line: Peyton Manning:
He is the man who knows, that even in the face of defeat, showing class is always in style. I read this article on Yahoo News this morning and well, even though most of what is on Yahoo News is junk this one impressed me. I encourage you to read it.
Third up: Racism is BONK!
This article left me actually angry. I couldn’t believe that out of all of the Super Bowl commercials that were shown, this one was getting the most press, and there wasn’t much positive press either. In case you missed it, here is the article: Coke ad draws outrage, praise during Super Bowl
Or if you just want to watch the Video. Here it is.
I thought this was a beautiful commercial. Apparently, people are mad because America the Beautiful was sung in a multitude of languages and that it may or may not have shown *gasp* a gay family in the montage. Really?! These are the things you are mad about?! WOW!
I have been asked by a few people today why this doesn’t make me mad. Here are my reasons:
1. I think that this ad was done in a very classy way to show the “melting pot” of America.
2. Gay people are people and they do live in this country. Chances are you interact with them on a daily basis and don’t even realize it because they are just like you and me. They have feelings, want to be loved, have a family, maybe kids, etc. I’m not going to go on and on about this because it is a political / religious issue, and when I set out on this blog, I said I wouldn’t discuss “hot topics”.
3. Yes, I think that if you move here from a country that has another native tongue, you should learn English. You should have conversational English. Period. If I go to any other country in the world, they are going to EXPECT me to at least be able to get my point across in whatever that native tongue is. However, reference item 1 above. We are a melting pot of cultures and societies in America.
4. Those multiple languages singing America the Beautiful… they were singing about America (I’m assuming since I don’t speak the various languages that were sung in that commercial). It isn’t like they were singing, again, assuming, that America sucks.
5. IT IS A COMMERCIAL. Yes. Commercials inspire, sell us stuff, etc. They are propaganda. Coke is trying to sell their product by showing patriotism. It is a commercial to get people talking about their product and ultimately purchasing and increasing their sales. Well guess what…. IT WORKED!
Ok – so that is enough about the occurrences of Sunday. Let’s see what else is spinning around in this Multiverse:
Fourth: Wall-E Tails: Sneaky Wall-E
As you can see I was finally able to claim my blog back from Wall-E. He was a very clever and sneaky little doggy last week. I give him props though. He did well in taking over my blog, and actually posted more during the week, then I usually do.
How shamefully is that?! My dog out blogged me?! Well I guess I’m going to have to step up and show him he isn’t the only one who can blog just about every day! ( Yea… we will see if that actually happens. /rolls eyes )
Fifth: The Five Angels Editing Mode
I do have to admit, since Wall-E took over the blog last week, I got so much editing done, as evidenced by the post I was able to sneak in on my phone where I saw so much red ink it was almost comical.
I enjoy being totally amerced in Nalrin.
I keep realizing that I have to remember KISS. Yup, you got it. Keep. It. Simple. Stupid.
When I originally wrote TFA, I think I was trying too hard, and as I read it now and do more editing and re-writes, I see just how hard I was trying. I was trying to sound smart, wordy, and prolific. None of that worked in the end, so I’m cutting a lot of that out. That is why there is so much red ink.
I’ve read where authors who become successful will go back to the first book(s) they wrote and when they re-read it, they see all the things they would have changed. JK Rowling, Veronica Roth and Stephanie Meyer have all openly admitted this.
It is ok though. The way I look at it is that the more I write, the more I learn. This ultimately makes me a better writer and I’m looking forward to the day I can hopefully get The Five Angels published and out for everyone else to read.
Finally: My Weighty Story: ICKS
Well, ya. I suck!
I really need to get back on it. I feel like crap, I threw my back out on Friday night, and before that I don’t really have any excuses.
Last week was filled with bad for me foods ( /looks at the empty Mega Stuffed Oreo package in the trash. HEY! The kid and husband unit helped too, but I ate them still. ), eating too much, and for sure not enough exercise.
I keep saying I’m going to be a strict bee, and that I can do this. I’ve already proved that I can. I’m just having a hard time DOING IT right now.
So I will leave you with this.
If anyone finds my mojo… can you send it home? I miss it, and really need it back.
PS: Oh and we got water falling from the sky. Maybe Mother Nature hasn’t forgotten about California after all.