Last week one of my favorite blogs http://randomnessessities.com/ nominated me for an AWARD! It was the perfect ending to a day that had been, to say the least pretty crappy. It was also so awesome just based on the fact that I so enjoy his site and he thought enough of my little blog to give me an award!
(The thing is, here on WordPress, you are given an award from a fellow blogger who deems your blog worthy of it. Apparently, I was worthy! )
I won’t lie. I cried. A lot.
Why is this one of my favorite blogs? It is down right hilarious! Now the author Arend van Nerel states that his site is about everything and also about nothing, but don’t believe it for a second. Ok yea, maybe he is right in the GRAND scheme of things, but trust me it is worth the reads.
Arend van Nerel either lives in house with the most exotic set of roommates on the face of this planet or the man has a serious multiple personality disorder. See this site has not only Arend himself, but also a beaver and an alien. Yes, you “heard” me. A BEAVER…. and an ALIEN.
Arend writes letters to fictional characters and applies it to the real world. For example Jake Sully was his latest victim. His other victims include Olive Oyl, Frodo, King George the Sixth, HELL not even Gandalf is safe. Take them each with a grain of salt of course, well except for the one to Death. That one made me cry, but in a good “my heart swelled 5 sizes” kind of way.
What about the Beaver and Alien? Well the beaver is Lester who has been mentioned on here before by Wall-E. The alien is X01BBET^a~T , which is somehow pronounced Basil. Yes I had to click over to his site to double check the spelling. I mean how embarrassing would it be to misspell his name! Oh and by the way, Basil is THE Rosewell Ailien. Apparently he escaped sometime in the 80s but don’t tell the government he is living under Arend’s house. (OH CRAP! Sorry Arend. I probably shouldn’t have said that. /waives hands like a Jedi and says “This is not the alien you are looking for.”) Anyways, Basil and Lester both post random views on what us humans do for entertainment and their views on us as a species in general. Sometimes, it is just funny, sometimes insightful, and other times well just plain disturbing.
More recently, however, Arend has obtained the journals of Kim Jong Un. Yes the leader of North Korea. Every few days he has been posting from Kimmy’s diary and let me tell you, they are hilarious. That journal details just how horrible a situation that poor boy was raised in, and how hard it is being the leader of North Korea. I mean, what would happen if he didn’t get his oreos, or if his country could be seen from space (he has his scientist working on that cloud problem), or if he didn’t have his wife arrested for just knowing about his third nipple (yes, read the post )?
No matter who is writing which post, Randomnecessities.com is just pure genius. Yes, it is a satire site that just tickles my funny bone, but his writings have a way of crawling inside you and making you think about life, society, and everything in between.
Take a few minutes and read through some of his post and you will have your ribs tickled. It’s ok… I’ll wait…….
/Taps finger on the desk waiting patiently. /Tap. Tap. Tap.
Ok, you back now? Great.
Now, back to business. The Inventive Blogger Award. In order to accept this little bit of recognition, we must do a few things:
1. Select blogs you feel deserve this award. There are no guidelines stating how many blogs should be nominated.
I have chosen one from each of my “hit” points. See #2 for those nominations.
( There are lots of others that I would like to nominate as well, but I had to think long and hard on who to nominate for this specific award. It was really hard. There are so many that are worthy of awards on my “Reader”. If I am blessed with more, I will be able to award those other sites also, which of course I hope to be able to do. I’m feeling very guilty for not nominating some of the others that I had on my short list, along with these guys. )
2. Write a blog post and say something about the blogs you nominate.
In no specific order, I nominate / award the following blogs for the Inventive Blogger Award:
Why? Because she has attitude and is kicking butt! This is her weight loss and new life journey. I find her so inspirational and a joy to read. Not only does she post about her success and her troubles, but she also forwards information she feels will be helpful to anyone reading her blog. She can be serious and funny all at the same time. She hits me in the feels a lot. LOVE her site.
Hello! A Dog that BLOGS! How could I not award this to Bongo. When Wall-E found out we had been gifted this award, he was non-to-shy in telling me that Bongo was going to be awarded this award by us. Of course Bongo is going be given this award! Bongo is a Detective, has to deal with a very annoying kitty cat Scratchy, and he tells us about his other daily adventures. Recently his person gave him a dog jail and he is trying to adjust to having to be in it and on occasion share it with that mean ol’Scratchy. I’m not sure who enjoys his adventures more, me or Wall-E.
She is a writer and an illustrator. She has started posting more of her drawings recently, and all I can say is WOW! When she posted the one of David Tennant ( The 10th Doctor ) I literally SWOONED! During NaNoWriMo I found her blog, and I have to say I have been blown away with her abilities. She is smart, talented, and witty. I have learned so much from visiting and reading her post.
3. Include a list of five things you enjoy about blogging.
1. Regarding my “Get Healthy Project”, it gives me somewhere to rant, vent, bitch, moan, and complain… oh and have some serious accountability.
2. Regarding my writing, it gives me the opportunity to express and learn more about myself. I can’t really explain it, but blogging has helped me with my writing.
3. My blog gives me (or should I say Wall-E ) the chance to tell the world just how scary it is out there, with the fear of being told I’m just crazy and need to be fed happy pills and put in one of those jackets that make me hug myself all day long.
4. I love the community within blogging. I have met some wonderful characters / people on here and I miss them when they take their sabbaticals, and am thrilled when they return.
5. My blog is a creative outlet for me and keeps me sane. With all the ideas and STUFF floating around my head, I’m able to get it out with the illusion of thinking people actually read it. Once again though and probably more importantly, it keeps me out of the hugging jacket and force fed happy pills.
4. Let the blog(s) that you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them (please don’t alter the instructions or the badge!)
This shall be done via telekinetics, science and the power of messaging!
5. Come over and say hello to the originator of the “The Inventive Blogger Award” via this link: http://DonCharisma.org/2013/12/24/christmas-awards-the-inventive-blogger-award
DONE! /waves to DonCharisma!
6) And as a winner of the award- please add a link back to the blog that presented you with this award, and then proudly display the award on your blog:
Link to randomnessessities.com/ is above and throughout the post. (Shortcut added on the banner posted above. Though I know you’ve already clicked it and read through his site right? I mean it was in my instructions. 🙂 )
You shall see the award in the sidebar “shortly”.
I believe I have touched on all the fine points that were required in accepting such an award.
Thank you again Arend for this honor, and here is to Kate, Danielle and Bongo!
/slips Bongo a bully stick treat.